Fri, Sep 22|
University Of Calgary Aquatic Centre
Fall 2023 - Fitness Swim Program | Bíos Triathlon Team
Whether you are a masters swimmer, seasoned triathlete, or just want to swim for fitness and have some fun - join the Bíos Triathlon Team this Fall and challenge yourself! The Bíos Triathlon Club is for anyone 15+ with basic, through to advanced swim abilities.
Time & Location
Sep 22, 7:45 p.m. MDT – Dec 22, 9:00 p.m. MST
University Of Calgary Aquatic Centre, 2500 University Dr NW, Calgary, AB T2N 4V8
About the Event
Thanks for your interest in FALL 2023 FITNESS SWIMMING, with the Bíos Triathlon Team! (formerly the MRU Tri Club). This fall 2023 we are offering an exciting program for triathletes, swimming enthusiasts, and anyone who is interested in fitness!
(24) Facilitated Swims with a focus on both distance swimming & all strokes development & conditioning. CLUB CALENDAR TBA SOON
Scroll down for membership cost, programming details or to select a program catagory and register!
WHO CAN JOIN?
- Anyone 15 years or older
- Participants need to be able to demonstrate a 100m continuous swim unassisted for safety.
- Anyone interested in a challenge
- Beginners are welcome, however, a basic front crawl ability is required.
DO I NEED TO BE A TRIATHLETE TO JOIN THE CLUB?
- No. Anyone can join and many people join just for fitness and/or community & social connection.
- You are also welcome if you only want to swim and we have registration options available to you. We practice all strokes in the Bios Club and although front crawl is our primary stroke, we are similar to a masters swim club that also likes to cycle and run!
WHAT ABOUT RUNNING & CYCLING WITH THIS CLUB?
We are a swim club for the most part, however group members often self organize for Running & Cycling.
This Fall we are running a drop in run group at the Olympic Oval on Tuesday nights from 8:20pm - 9:00pm. The cost is $7 at the gate and is not included in this registration fee. You do not need to be a part of teh Tuesday Swims to join this group. The olympic oval turf is world class!
WHAT DO I NEED TO JOIN THIS CLUB
- Swim suit & goggles at minimum. We prefer you to have swim paddles and fins as well.
- A valid Triathlon Alberta membership provides you with insurance for all activities with us and we strongly encourage participants to have this. A 2023 or 2024 ATA membership is available HERE. If you do not purchase a Triathlon Alberta Membership, you will not be insured during your activities with Bios Triathlon Club.
WHAT GEAR WILL I NEED?
- Swim gear including athletic swimsuit, fins, paddles, pull buoy, goggles and cap. If you don’t have these items or need advice on what to get please contact us. Or visit trihub.ca for swimming & cycling gear and a Tech Shop location for running shoes.
Most Tuesdays - 7:00pm - 8:00pm (Limit 12 spaces)
Most Friday evenings 7:45pm-9:00pm (Limit 40 spaces)
THE TYPE OF TRAINING AT A GLANCE
- Swim Training for fitness & training for triathlon (super sprint, sprint, standard or long distance)
- Swim training 1 or 2 x a week with the club.
- Strokes development and drills in all strokes.
- Mornings will concentrate more on distance, while the evening times include more stroke variety and sprints.
- Informal Group Running & Cycling - weather permitting
- Perceived exertion scale of 1-10 to describe the intensity of workouts
- We try to meet everyone where they are at in terms of fitness so that everyone has a challenge without feeling overwhelmed.
The name Bíos is one of the two words the ancient Greeks had for life - Zoé and Bíos. Bíos described the activities of life, while Zoé meant something more like organic life. We chose to recapture the original meaning of Bíos, as the name that describes what we are most interested in accomplishing as a sports club: living a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, at Bíos Triathlon Club we train not just for competition as an end-in-itself but also as a community, training for the benefits of a healthy, active life. We are training for life!
COST & WHAT THE PROGRAM INCLUDES
Full Program - September 22nd to December 22nd - Program continues in the new year with roughly the same shedule, but there will be a new registration for that!
- Full Program (Limit 12 spaces) $379 - Save 30% off the combined Friday & Tuesday price.
- Friday Only - $289
- Limited 5 Pass options
- U of C Student discount - Must also register and pay through Active Living
THE FULL PROGRAM INCLUDES
- (24) Swims
- (Swimming twice a week most weeks) at the University of Calgary Aquatic Centre
- Access to the online Bíos community page where you can chat, share photos & video, have discussions and stay in touch with other club members!
- Informal outdoor running and cycling sessions (TBD)
- Swim workout content created for you and shared via our private group chat area of the trihub.ca website
- Tech Shop Discount - 10% off all regular-priced footwear and accessories, and 15% off all regular-priced apparel.
- Tri Hub Swimwear & Multisport Discount - 5% storewide (no discounts avalable on cutom ordered team apperal or swimsuits)
- Access to purchase branded club clothing including Team Swimsuits!
- Team event participation
- Early bird notification for future programming.
- Notification of upcoming events
- Team social / program wrap-up events
- Discount and access to swim video analysis
- Social meet-ups & other fun stuff!
ABOUT YOUR COACHES
Head Coach (Program Facilitator) - Lorin Inglis
- Specialize in Shorter Distance Events (Sprint & Super Sprint Triathlon)
- Former Triathlon Alberta High Performance & Development Team Coordinator
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) - Swimming Level One & Triathlon Community Coach Certified
- Race Director
- 12 years of Amature compeditive Triathlon Experience
- 20 Years Compeditive Running Experience
Philosophy - Social engagment, fitness as a lifestyle and our overall health is our primary concern. We can stive for competition and set lofty goals for ourselves, but this always secondary to the intrinsic rewards of triathlon training contained within a personal challange to make fitness a fundemantal part of our lives.
1 hour 15 minutes
Friday Swim # 1U of C pool - 50m
Tuesday Swim # 2U of C Pool 25m Deep
Full Swim Program | Fall 2023
(24) Facilitated swimming sessions at the University of Calgary Aquatic Centre - 15+ Save 30% off the individual session pricing by signing up for both swim evenings! Starts Friday September 22nd 2023. Tuesdays - 7:00pm -8:00pm Fridays - 7:45pm - 9:00pm$379.00Tax: +$18.95 GST+$9.95 service feeSold Out
Friday Swim Session | Fall
(12) Facilitated swimming sessions at the University of Calgary Aquatic Centre - 15+ Starts Friday September 22nd 2023. Fridays - 7:45pm - 9:00pm$289.00Tax: +$14.45 GST+$7.59 service fee
Tuesday Swim Session | Fall
(12) Facilitated swimming sessions at the University of Calgary Aquatic Centre - 15+ Starts Tuesday September 26th 2023. Tuesdays - 7:00pm - 8:00pm$289.00Tax: +$14.45 GST+$7.59 service feeSold Out
Student Friday Swim | Fall
(12) Facilitated swimming sessions at the University of Calgary Aquatic Centre - 15+ $149 You will need to register for swimming here and then pay for swimming through Active Living using the below link: https://www.ucalgary.ca/ActiveLiving/registration/Program/triathlon?path=All_Triathlon If you aren't sure how, contact us! Starts Friday September 22nd 2023. Fridays - 7:45pm - 9:00pm$0.00
FRIDAY (5) Swim Pass
(5) Facilitated swimming sessions at the University of Calgary Aquatic Centre - 15+ Choose (5) swims - on FRIDAY EVENING Fridays - 7:45pm - 9:00pm$140.00Tax: +$7.00 GST+$3.68 service fee
Swim Film Analysis Pre-book
All our filming is captured on a 12mp GoPro Hero 8, in stunning HD 4K60. Regular price is $199 - Save 20% for Bíos swimmers. Your filming takes place during practice - Date TBD Every package includes 4 angles: 1) Out of Water Overhead 2) Underwater Side View 3) Underwater Front View 4) Underwater Kick View 5-7 minutes worth of edited footage and a 30-45 minute 1:1 in person consultation to go over your file. Video Analysis is the best way to improve your stroke.$159.00Tax: +$7.95 GST+$4.17 service fee
Invoice for my ticket$0.00